You can bulk edit absences for a particular student by going into their profile in Attendance
How to access a student's profile
- Click on the the tab -Dashboard
- In the search field below the -Dashboard tab, denoted by an icon of a magnifying glass, type in the name of the student. Typing in three or more characters of a name, will give you some auto-match options of student names
- Select the student you want by clicking on their name; and you will be taken into their profile
How to edit a student's absences in their Attendance profile
- In the menu on the left-hand side under the student's photo or the silhouette of a head in place of a photo, select >Attendance. You are now in the student's Attendance profile page for an overview of their attendance.
- Under Attendance, select >Summary and on the centre-right of the screen, you will see two sections: Overview and Absences
- In the -Absences section, you will see list of all the absences starting with the oldest absence. To see recent or current absences, click on the column heading -Date; the absences will then show up in descending order and you will see the current absences first
- Select the check box next to the absences that you want to bulk-edit; and then scroll to the bottom and below the last absence listed, you will see two icons: a pencil icon to edit bulk absences for your selection of absences; and a page icon to generate a form letter for your selection of absences.
- Select the pencil icon and edit the absences in the pop-up window - here you can change the -Reason of the absence and/or add any -Comment. The change you make here will update the reason for all of your selected absences